123.hp.com/dj3630 Quick Printer Setup Support
123.hp.com/dj3630 is an All-in-One that can print, scan and copy all from one unique device. Your DeskJet Print Head System is manufactured using Drop-on-Demand InkJet Technology for achieving twice the Ink Yield. Your printer can be filled up to 60 sheets on the Input Tray area and in return can handle 25 sheets at the Output Tray. Your printer entails you to install a Tri-colour Ink Cartridge and a Black HP Ink Cartridge for printing at high quality. Your Printer Control Panel is built on several membrane press buttons and LED light indicators for easy operation. Instantly, now you can set up your ePrint service at a press of a button and then start to Cloud Print, without network access. Easy Install HP AiO Remote Apps on your mobile to establish the Wi-Fi Protected Setup with the printer, and then virtually print from anywhere.
Description of the 123.hp.com/dj3630 Printer Technical Control Panel
- Printer Control Panel: is integrated with 9 membrane switches and 7 indicator lights along with an LCD display
- The wireless press button and light indicates the printer’s wireless network status. Some of the different types of network status is
- Solid blue light indicates the readiness of the Wireless Network connection
- A Slow blinking light infers a Wireless connection ON, but not configured on the network
- A Fast flickering light indicates a faulty wireless connection
- Wireless Light OFF indicates a switch OFF wireless connection
- ON button and Light: Turns the Printer Power to ON/OFF status
- ON button light: infers 3 types of Operation Status. If Power button Light gets Dimmed then your printer is in Sleep Mode operation, else Blinking then signals a print operation, or else if Fast Blinking then indicates an Error Status
- Wi-Fi Direct button and light indicates the printer Wi-Fi direct status. Some of the different types of Wi-Fi Direct status is
- A Solid blue light infers the readiness of the Wi-Fi Direct connection
- OFF Light indicates that a Wi-Fi Direct is in OFF Status
- A Slow flashing light indicates a Wi-Fi Direct connection enabled, but not configured on the network. Press the Wi-Fi Direct button to substantiate the connection
- A Fast flickering light indicates a faulty Wi-Fi Direct connection
- Cancel button: Terminates the current operation
- ePrint button and Light: infers the readiness of the ePrint service
- ON Light indicates ePrint service is enabled
- OFF Light indicates ePrint service is unavailable on your Printer
- A slow flashing Light indicates ePrint service is ON but unavailable within the signal range
- Resume button and Light: Press this button to continue the Print Task. A steady Resume light indicates a warning or error status
- Start Copy Black button: Press this button to initiate Black Copy Job
- Start Copy Colour button: Press this button to initiate Colour Copy Job
- Information button and light: infer the availability of the server connection. Press this button to print the Information page
- Ink Alert Light: indicates on the Ink Level in your InkJet Cartridges
- ON Light infers a missing or incorrectly installed ink cartridge
- Blinking Light infers both of the ink cartridge to be missing or incorrectly installed
About 123.hp.com/dj3630 Printer Series:
Auto-Off Printer Mode:
Auto-Off Mode is an energy-saving DeskJet feature that automatically turns OFF the power, whenever no print operation is being performed for about 2 hours completely. Simply press the control panel Power button to exit the Auto-off Mode and then to DeskJet power ON. Your DeskJet is built with an additional energy-saving Sleep Mode operation for achieving more efficiency. This mode gets into effect whenever there is no print operation being performed for about 5 minutes. This can be inferred from the control panel power button getting dimmed. In order to exit from the Sleep Mode operation try sending a print task or else, go ahead and change the time settings in DeskJet Embedded Web Server.
Unpack Setup and Installation of 123.hp.com/dj3630 Printer:
- First of all try to unpack the printer and its accessories from the container box and then place it in a desk
- Remove all adhesive tapes and packing’s from your DeskJet
- Remove the cover sticker from the control panel
- Lift up and open Scanner lid to peel of all stickers affixed to the scanner glass
- Open the Cartridge door and then get rid of the internal packing and tapes entirely
- Cut open tapes and disengage the Paper Tray. Move the pair of Paper Width Guide away and then rest it on tray edges
- Place the A4 Sheets inside the Paper Tray and then move the pair of Paper Width Guides towards to paper media to keep them intact
- Now connect the power cord to your printer and then switch on the power
- Ensure that your computer is in Standby Mode and then try connecting the printer USB cable
- Open the Cartridge Door and then install New HP Ink Cartridges
- Open CD Drive and then load the 123.hp.com/dj3630 series CD and close it. Try to run the Auto Setup program and then complete the printer software installation
- Revolve the Output Tray extender outwards for the end-user convenience
- Open any File and then click the Print button to Test the Printer Setup
123 HP Deskjet 3630 Printer Software Setup & Tech Support
How to Install and open the 123.hp.com/dj3630 Software in Windows OS:
Open the CD drive and then load the 123.hp.com/setup 3630 series CD and close the drive. Wait for the Auto Setup program to run or else try accessing the CD Drive folder and then double click Auto Setup file to run it. Follow the onscreen instructions and then specify a printer name for your DeskJet. Click the Next button and then proceed to complete the printer software installation. You can follow the given below guidelines to open the printer software according to the Windows OS:
- Windows 8.1: Use the mouse cursor to locate and then click the leftmost corner button present on the start screen. Now double click the 123.hp.com/setup 3630 Software that is available on the desktop to open it
- Windows 8: Right-click an empty space on the desktop screen to select the App window bar. Click All Apps to view the list of available windows apps. Double click the 123.hp.com/dj3630 Application to open it
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows XP: Press the Start Menu key and then click All Programs tab. Click the HP folder and then select 123.hp.com/dj3630 software program, and Double click 123.hp.com/dj3630 to open it.
123.hp.com/dj3630 Printer Setup and Installation for MAC OS X:
Open the CD Drive and then load the 123.hp.com/dj3630 series CD and close it. Open the Disk drives folder and then double click 123.hp.com/setup 3630 CD to run the Auto Setup program. Now follow on the screen instructions to specify the printer name for your DeskJet. Click Next and progress further to complete the printer software installation. Now open the DeskJet 3630 software and then click the file menu and then the print command to display the print dialog. Choose either Print Using or Use the option on the dialog. For the first option try to select the 123.hp.com/dj3630, and while for the second option try to locate the Properties button and click it. You can follow the given below guidelines to alter the print properties for various Macintosh OS:
- Apple OS 10.6: Your print dialog is present with a list of print settings that is accessible through blue disclosure triangles. Click each of the triangles to set values
- Apple Lion & Mountain Lion OS: Click the Show Details link on the print dialog to display a list of print properties available with disclosure triangles for instant access
- For Other Macintosh OS, your print dialog is designed using popup menus for selecting properties. You can select Orientation and set values, also select Scaling Percentage and set values, etc.,
123.hp.com/setup 3630 series Driver Software and Printer Installation
Install 123.hp.com/dj3630 series Web Services using HP Printer Software in Windows OS:
Install 123.hp.com/dj3630 series Web Services using HP Utility in Mac OS X:
123 HP Deskjet 3630 USB Network Connection
Install USB Network using HP Printer Software in Windows OS:
Click the Start Menu and then click 123.hp.com/setup 3630 software to open it. Click the Utilities menu and then choose Printer Setup & Software. Click the Connect a new Printer option and then follow on the screen instructions until a prompter appears asking you to select USB connection. Click Next and progress further with the instruction set to finish the USB Network connection program.
Install USB Network using HP Utility in Mac OS:
Double click HP Utility software that is available on Macintosh Start Screen to open it. Click Print, Copy & Scan menu and then scroll to print section and click Connect a new Printer. Now follow up with the onscreen instructions to select USB connection. Click Next and proceed further to end the USB Driver Installation
123.hp.com/setup 3630 InkJet Cartridge Installation & Printer Setup
123 HP DESKJET 3630 InkJet Cartridge Installation
Your HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3630 requires a pair of Tri-Colour Ink Cartridge and a Black Ink Cartridge for printing high quality images. Your HP Cartridges are of InkJet type that can be replenished several times until the print head stops functioning. Make sure that you do not install dropped or jarred Ink Cartridges on your printer. Also, try to properly shut down the printer and avoid Ink Coagulation and Ink Waste.
Replace 123 HP DeskJet 3630 InkJet Cartridges
Switch OFF the power from DeskJet 3630 and then wait until the print carriage bar is silent and idle. Draw both sides of the Output door downwards in a clockwise manner to rest it on the printer. Open the Front door and then pull the Cartridge door down to open it. Now unlatch the cartridge tab and then press down the Ink Cartridges to uninstall it. Open the New Ink Cartridge from its protective cover and then detach the plastic flaps to keep it ready for installation. Slide the New Ink Cartridge within their respective slot and then use tab to latch it. Repeat the above procedure for any further Cartridge Installations. Close the Cartridge door and then the Input door. Push up the Output Door in a Anti-clockwise manner to latch it to printer. Switch ON Power for your printer.
Use 123 HP DeskJet 3630 Printer in Single Cartridge Mode
123.hp.com/dj3630 is also compatible using Single Ink Cartridge Mode and thus can be operated using 123.hp.com/dj3630 series Software only. Your printer automatically goes into Single Cartridge Mode whenever the installed Ink Cartridges becomes empty or get depleted. Simply install all Ink Cartridges to exit from the default Single Cartridge Mode.
123 HP Deskjet 3630 Scan to a Computer
Your 123.hp.com/dj3630 setup can function as a Scanner using HP Printer Software. Ensure that you place the document with scan side facing down and is kept at the rightmost corner on the scanner glass. Click the Print, Copy & Scan menu and then select the Scan command. On the Scan Dialog try to choose Scan a Document or Photo option. Click Scan button to initiate the scanning process. Once completed scanning then you can choose to save the document according to your needs.
123 HP Deskjet 3630 Printer Technical Troubleshooting
To clear paper jam from the Input Tray:
First of all Press the Cancel button to end the current print operation. Switch OFF power from DeskJet 3630 and then access the Input Tray to check for any paper jams found on the paper path cover. Remove the torn pieces of paper and foreign debris from paper path cover. Open the Cartridge door and then locate the print head to move it to the far right of print carriage bar. Check for any paper jam to be cleared. Now move the print head system to the far left and then clear all paper jams. Push Cartridge access door upward to close it. Next step to clear paper jam is, disengage the Input tray and then turn the DeskJet all over to locate the Clean out door. Draw the pair of tabs outward to open the Clean out door. Clear all paper jams and then push the tabs to close the door. Now attach the Input Tray and then switch ON power for your printer.
Troubleshoot Ink Cartridge Issue:
Open the cartridge access door and uninstall the depleted or defective Ink Cartridges. Use a Swab to dust off the electrical contact imprinted on your Ink Cartridges. Access the Cartridge slot to clean the other end of the electrical contact. Make sure there is no plastic flap attached to your Ink Cartridges. Also, try to install Cartridges according to the color codes within the cartridge slots. Close the cartridge access door and then press the Resume button to continue printing. For any further problems then try to restart your printer.
Unexpectedly Printer shuts down:
Check for an uninterrupted supply of incoming power. Next, try to find out for the proper functioning of the Power ON button. If problems occur then detach the power cord from the wall outlet and then wait for 15 seconds. In the meantime, you can examine the power cord for any spurious damage present. Now Re-establish the power cord to the wall outlet and then try operating your printer.
For further support visit 123.hp.com/setup