123.HP.COM/OJ5746 Printer Tech Support
Call Toll-Free No.: 1-859-777-0709
123.hp.com/oj5746 Ink Cartridge Install Method
How to check the ink levels from the printer software?
- Based on the operating system you have installed, perform one of the following tasks.
- Windows 8 : Right click on an empty area on your Start screen. Now,go to the app bar to select All Apps. Finally, click the icon that bears your printer name
- Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista: Desktop – -> Start – – >All Programs – – > HP – – > HP Officejet 5746
- On the HP Officejet 5746 printer software, press the Estimated Ink levels to know your requirement.
How to color Printing 123.hp.com/oj5746 Printer
- Place unused plain paper in the paper tray.
- Open the File menu and then choose Print.
- Ensure that your HP Officejet 5746 printer is selected.
- Specify the print options. If you do not see the options on the Print dialog,do one of the following.
- OS X v10.6: Touch the blue triangle that lies next to the Printer Selection to get access to the print option.
- OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Choose Show Details to access the print options.
- From the Paper Size list, set the appropriate paper size.
- Specify the Layout option, from Portrait or Landscape.
- Open the Paper Type/Quality to choose Paper Type, Quality, Colour Options.
- Change any other print settings you want and then choose Print.
How to Print borderless Method in 123.hp.com/oj5746
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings and select Control
- Click the Printers and Faxes icon.
- Right-click the HP Officejet 5746 Series icon and select Properties.
- On the General tab, click Printing Preferences to open the Printing Preferences dialog box.
- On the Printing Shortcuts tab, select Photo printing-borderless as the type of document
- Set the following options as appropriate:
- HP digital photography options
- Advanced color settings
- Color management
- Grayscale quality
Select any other desired print settings, and then click OK. If the image was printed on photo paper with a tear-off tab, remove the tab to make the document completely borderless
OJ 5746 Printer Support
123.hp.com/oj5746 driver installation Method
- Unbox the HP Officejet 5746 printer from its packaging.
- Connect one end of the wire to the printer and the other end to the wall socket.
- Press the Power button on your printer.
- On your HP Officejet 5746 Printer, go the control panel to see if your printer is ready to go.
- Install the ink cartridges and get your printer all set.
- Go to hp.com to download the appropriate driver and the software according to your printer model number.
- Click on the downloaded file and click on Run in the newly opened dialog box.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the driver installation process.
How to install the printer software?After setting up the printer hardware, you have a go ahead to install the printing software. Wait till you install the software. Until then do not connect the computer to the printer.
Go to 123.hp.com and search the software based on your printer model. Download the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. Now, your printer is ready to use.You can download latest Driver from 123.hp.com/oj5746 or 123.hp.com/setup 5746.
If you have the software CD that came with the printer package, insert it into the computer and then install it by following the prompts displayed on screen.
How to wireless setup For OJ 5746 ?
Users can also print a Wireless Quick Start Guide to connect your HP Officejet 5746 printer wirelessly.
How to print a wireless quick start guide?Press the Information button and hold it for at least 3 seconds. Now, the start guide page will be printed which will help you connect the printer wirelessly.
Make sure your wireless router has a working WPS (Wi-Fi Protected setup) and that is enabled through WPA encryption.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel for at least three seconds. Now, the wireless light will start blinking.
- Hold the WPA button on the wireless access point or wireless router for two minutes. The blue light will stop blinking and remain lit if the HP Officejet 5746 printer automatically connects to the network.
- For Windows operating system: On finishing the wireless connection setup,go to the Control Panel and then choose Add a Network Printer and follow the on-screen prompts.
- For Macintosh (OS X): Once you finish the wireless setup, you can add the printer by selecting System Preferences. Complete the process by following the instructions displayed on screen.
After your HP Officejet 5746 printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, the blue light on your printer blinks and then remains switched on.