All about the 123.hp.com/setup 4655 Printer
123.hp.com/setup 4655 is a general use All-in-One Design printer that is made for Office centric purpose. Your printer is a powerful Thermal InkJet based device that can Print, Fax, Copy and Scan documents. HP OJ 4655 Wireless printer is built to function so discretely that you can use the HP AiO Remote apps to Print virtually from anywhere without your presence. Now your printouts are of Lab Quality that is free of ink smears on every time. Your 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer comes with an Input tray for handling up to 100 sheets and on the Output Tray about 25 sheets. In addition, you get a 35 sheets Automatic Document Feeder for handling your multi-page Scan and copy task without getting slowed.
The 123.hp.com/setup 4655 Printer Specifications
- ON button: Press this power button to turn ON/OFF your 123.hp.com/setup 4655
- Back button: Press this button to return to your previous screen
- Help button: Press this Help button to display a list of help menu. Touch to access the contextual help screen
- Home button: Press this button to display the Home Screen
- Monochrome Display: Swipe the touch screen display to open the printer menu
- Wireless Light: infers on the different types of connectivity status. Some of the wireless status are:
- A steady wireless light that glows on solid blue color indicates the availability of OJ 4655 wireless feature
- A slow flashing wireless light infers to the Wireless on enabled status however unsynchronized over the network
- A fast blinking wireless light that infers to a faulty wireless connection
- No wireless light glowing reinstate the non-availability of OJ 4655 wireless feature
123.hp.com/setup 4655 First time printer setup
The 123.hp.com/setup 4655 setup can be complemented with easy-to-follow instructions by connecting the Printer USB cable to a computer device. The package also contains the HP Officejet 4655 manual that you can use for guidance.
- Simply unpack printer and its accessories from the container box and then place it on a desk
- Get rid of the external packing and tapes present on your printer
- Remove the cover sticker from the monochrome display
- Lift up the Scanner lid and then dispose of the affixed tapes on the glass
- Draw up from the centre of the Cartridge door to unlatch and then open. Get rid of the internal packing and tapes that is present inside the printer
- Cut open the tapes to disengage the Paper Tray. Move the pair of paper width guide away and then rest them on tray edges
- Place the A4 sheets within the paper tray and then begin to move the paper width guides towards print media to hold them firm
- Connect the power line cable to printer and then switch ON the power. Now, establish a USB cable connection to printer and then the other end to computer
- Draw up from the centre of the Cartridge door to open it. Now try to install the HP Ink Cartridges within the cartridge slot and latch it using tab
- Load the OJ 4655 CD on to the CD drive and then run the Auto Setup to install printer software
- Use the Output tray extension for easy usage. Now try to open printer software and then give a test print command to exit the 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer setup
123.hp.com/setup 4655 – HP Officejet 4655 Sleep Mode
Now you can save on the power consumption by simply operating your printer on sleep mode. Once the Printer is power ON and then kept inoperative for over 5 minutes then automatically your Copier goes into Sleep Mode. You can alter this Sleep Mode time settings from the touch screen Control Panel. Swipe over the touch screen to get access for the printer menu. Scroll and select Setup option and then touch Power Handling option. Touch the Sleep Mode option and then select from a range of 5, 10 & 15 minutes settings to operate Sleep Mode.
123.hp.com/setup 4655 Printer Software Setup
How to Install and open the HP Printer Software in Windows OS
Open the CD drive and then load the OJ 4655 CD on the drive to close it. Wait for the Auto Setup to run or else try to execute the Auto Setup from the CD drive folder. Now follow up with the installer instructions to specify a Name for your Printer. Click Next and then progress with the automatic setup to install the OJ 4655 software. Given below is a set of instructions to open HP OJ 4655 software on different Windows OS:
- Windows 8.1: Move the cursor over the rightmost corner screen to click show desktop button
- Windows 8: Right click anywhere on the start screen to select Apps bar. Click the All Apps link and then double click OJ 4655 software program
- Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click Start menu button and then select All Programs. Move cursor over HP folder and then click OJ 4655 program
123.hp.com/setup 4655 Printer Setup and Installation for Mac OS
Open the external CD drive and then place the OJ 4655 CD on the drive. Wait until the Auto Setup to run or else manually execute the Auto Setup program from CD drive index. Now follow up with the onscreen instructions to specify a desired name for your OJ 4655. Click Next and then progress further to end the software installation. Now open the HP OfficeJet 4655 software and then click File and select print command. On the Print Dialog window proceed to select either Print Using or Use option. For the first option selected try to choose the HP OfficeJet 4655 printer. And for the later option, try to create a desired Name for the Mac printer setup. Click Properties button to view the print settings. Given below is a list of instructions to open OJ 4655 software on different Mac versions:
- Apple Lion & Mountain Lion OS: Your print dialog window is present with a Show Details expansion link that can be clicked to view all print settings built on many disclosure triangles.
- For earlier Mac OS: Your print dialog is present with a Popup menu for selecting each print setting. Now you can alter the Scaling Percentage, Orientation and Page Size etc.,
How to Install and open the HP Printer Software in Windows OS
123.hp.com/setup 4655 wireless driver installation provides the way for innovative printing on a demand basis. Most often used OJ 4655 Drivers are the ePrint and Printables setup for printing wirelessly. Once the driver installation is completed then ensure that your printer is connected to a Wireless Network. Use ePrint services for establishing a cloud print network that completely eliminates the need for an network access. Use Printables to schedule instant Printing of Tickets, Coupons and Quick Forms etc.,
Procedure to Setup Web Services using Printer Control Panel
Swipe the touch screen display to open the printer menu. Scroll to Select Printables and then touch Enable Web Services. Touch Yes and then follow on the screen instructions to agree on the Terms of Usage. Touch accept button to confirm. If the setup instruction prompts for an Update then Touch OK and then complete your Web Services setup.
Procedure to Setup Web Services using Embedded Web Server
Open a Internet Explorer and then begin to type the printer IP address and then hit Enter button. On the OJ 4655 Embedded Web Server homepage try to enable Web Services frame window. Over the Web Services setting try access the Setup button and click it. Now follow on the screen instructions and then Click Yes to agree on the Terms of Usage. If the prompter urges for an Update then click Yes and then proceed to complete the Setup Installer. You can restart the computer and then the 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer to access Web Services.
Procedure to Setup Web Services using HP Printer Software in Windows OS
Open the 123.hp.com/setup 4655 program from the Windows Startup Menu. Click the Print, Fax & Scan drop down menu and then move the cursor over Connect the Printer to Web option and then click it. Click Next and then follow on the screen instructions to specify a desired driver name for your Wireless connection. Click Next and then proceed further to finish the Wireless Connection Setup.
Procedure to Setup Web Services using HP Utility in Mac OS
Double click the Utilities program present in the Mac start screen to open it. Click Web Services menu and then use cursor to select Connect Printer to Web utility. Click Connect Printer option and then follow on the screen instruction to specify a desired name for the wireless connection. Click Apply and then proceed with the instructions to end the Wireless Installation.
123.hp.com/setup 4655 Wireless Printer Setup and Install
Procedure to Setup the HP OJ 4655 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup Network
Your OfficeJet 4655 is built with a WPS feature that can Auto-connected to a Wireless Router enabled with WPS for establishing the Wireless LAN. First of all try to self-configure the Printer 802.11b/g/n Card over a wireless router and then remember to note down the Network Name and WEP passkey.
Swipe the touch screen display to open the printer menu. Touch the Wireless setup from the magic frame bar. Touch Settings and then tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup wizard. Touch OK and then enable the printer WPS. Next try to press the WPS button available on the wireless router to auto synchronize your printer. Now, use the screen keyboard to enter the Wireless Network Name and WEP passkey to get connected to a WPS Network.
Procedure to Setup the HP OJ 4655 Printer on your wireless network
Swipe the touch screen panel to open the printer menu. Touch Wireless setup available on the magic frame bar. Touch Settings and then tap Wireless Setup wizard. Follow on the screen instructions to select the nearest wireless router and then touch OK. Now use the screen key board to type in the wireless network name and WEP passkey and then touch OK tab for the self-configuration process to begin. Touch OK to confirm the Auto Wireless connection.
Steps to Enable/Disable the HP OJ 4655 Printer Wireless Setup
Swipe the touch screen panel to open the printer menu. Touch the Wireless setup present on the magic frame. Touch Settings and then tap Wireless control ON/OFF button to enable/disable it. You can check from the wireless light to find out on the availability of the 123.hp.com/setup 4655 Auto Wireless Connect.
123.hp.com/setup 4655 InkJet Cartridge Installation
HP OfficeJet 4655 requires a pair of HP Tri-color and Black Ink Cartridges for Instant Ink ready Printing. Using the original HP Ink Cartridges allows you to print on different types of print media at a professional quality. Your printer is compatible on HP InkJet Cartridges that is of a refill type. Now you can use the OfficeJet 4655 for printing in volumes.
Information on InkJet cartridges and the print head
Your HP OfficeJet 4655 is built with a print head that uses drop-on-demand Thermal InkJet Technology for color printing at high quality. Ensure that you properly terminate the printer power connection to prevent ink smears and ink coagulation issues. Also try to avoid installing a jarred or dropped HP Ink Cartridge.
Replace the Print Cartridges
Press the power button to switch OFF power from printer. Examine for the print carriage to remain silent. Draw up from the centre of the Cartridge door to unlatch and then open. Pull up the Cartridge tab to unlatch it. Press down the Ink Cartridge to disengage it from the cartridge slot. Now try to remove the plastic tapes from the New HP Ink Cartridge and then slide it within the respective slot until it locks to a place. If needed, you may repeat the above procedure to install any further Ink Cartridges. Push the Cartridge door down to close it. Press the power button to switch ON power for 123.hp.com/oj4655 Printer.
Use HP OJ 4655 Printer in Single Cartridge Mode
Your OfficeJet is now compatible to print using a single Ink Cartridge in coordination with the HP Printer Software. Whenever an Ink Cartridge is removed or gets depleted then automatically your printer becomes operational on Single Cartridge Mode. Simply install all the HP Ink Cartridges to exit the Single Cartridge Mode.